I am an urban traveler...I absolutely love to travel! I will be traveling through the city of Port of Spain .. Travel back in time to revisit the city and to the present day. I Will also be traveling physically, slow- or fast ! who knows? Keep up with me and stay tuned for when i examine my findings and post it here for you all - the world to see! :)

Monday 15 April 2013

Reflective Analysis

 It's too soon to say goodbye :'( ...  Firstly i would like to thank everyone who commented and critiqued on my blog or at LEAST visited my page.  When i was given this assignment , there were so many options that i didn't know which one to choose but then i said to myself, " why not have it all ?" . I chose my theme of being an 'URBAN TRAVELER' because i love adventure; to travel and explore. I also love to discover and look at things in a different prospective. In my opinion looking and comparing past to present is a great tool as it gives understanding on how things developed and what factors might have caused a change . My blogs are usually short and sweet as they may say in length but not in quality !
In my recent blogs i have discussed many main topics that are related to the city. They are :

 There are alot of blogs from my classmates that shared similar topics with completely different view points that i can relate to .Firstly  UrbanLifestyle by Morissa Rodney completely captured my attention. Her blog is astounding as her pictures are taken from different view points of the city and topics were on broad definition similar to mine.  I also admired Her Experience in the city that caught raw pictures of daily activities within the CBD. Our topics are similar as we share Mobility in the city, buildings and architecture , homelessness and many others . Some of our thoughts were the same as we pointed out that public transportation is a major source of transport in the CBD and much needs to be done to help the homeless people in our city.

Another comparator that can be linked to my blog is that of my classmate Urban Sprawls by Neisha Smith. Her blog is so creative and targets issues at a primary and secondary scale. She not only views and explores broad topics but choose to look at the forgotten things that many usually surpass.  Neisha also tackled similar topics such a mobility and also interlinked her opinions with that of researched information. We both reflected on the reality of Port of Spain compared to what people imagine and also noted that much needs to be done in the Eastern areas of Port Of Spain.

Here are the link to my classmates' blogs:
 http://urbanlifestyle1992.blogspot.com/
http://urbansprawl1.blogspot.com/2013/03/urban-sprawl-and-gentrification.html


And to end of this post here is a song that reflects my blog ...The Traveler's Song
 
Thank you all ! I Hope you enjoyed my blog and can relate to my experiences and see them in my viewpoint. It has been a fun journey traveling with you !

- Urban Traveler


2 comments:

  1. Isn’t it always hard to say goodbye :’(
    Just as we were getting accustomed to posting blogs every week the 11th and final blog quickly snuck up unto us.
    Our topics were indeed really similar and I’m glad to know you enjoyed my post on Mobility.
    Nicely written by the way :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey kiddo, you were to analyse three of your course colleagues' blogs and relate them to yours... I only see two?

    Good work.

    ReplyDelete